Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sabbath and today


Ok, yesterday was a rest day. I didn't do any exercises at all. But I did get my smoothie made for breakfast. Surprisingly yummy! 



Day 4: Mango Mint Digestion Booster Smoothie

  • 2 cups fresh or frozen mango
  • 3 celery ribs
  • 7 leaves fresh mint
  • 1-inch piece ginger root
  • 1 cup water or coconut water

Typically the frozen mango I get isn't very sweet, so I was afraid the celery would be very strong. But it wasn't and the smoothie was very good. I didn't have any mint and walmart was out when I went shopping on Friday, so I added some parsley to up the green factor. 

Anyway, we had a good Sabbath and had potluck afterward so enjoyed some time visiting with friends. The. Since all the kids have not been sleeping very well from coughing all night, all the kids and daddy took a nap. I rocked Sarah and sang some hymns for awhile, then I sat on the couch and read for awhile until I decided to take a nap too. 

When everyone finally woke up, we had some worship and the kids all headed for bed. Their room was cold and the heater cord needed to be fixed, the wind was blowing sucking the right out of the house and the propane tank was almost empty so the furnace was not keeping up at all.


So the boys slept in our bed,Victor fixed the cord on the heater and put it in there, and we built a fire in the stove. Victor took the big chair and I took the love seat. Turned out somewhat uncomfortable when Sarah wanted to sleep with me, but we got a few hours of sleep. 


Today we are going to get some work done. Victor wants to build a shelter on the truck for our trip to Texas next month, and the boys and I are going to do laundry and bring the futon mattress out here for us to sleep on tonight. The propane tank is now empty, so the furnace is not on. We will be using the wood stove more now until we can get some more propane.

To help insulate the house, Victor brought home some scrap foam and styrofoam and we are going to put some in the windows and maybe on some of the walls, especially in the boys room where the wind comes through the most. Then, I am going to put up a blanket in the hall, to block off that end of the house so we only heat the part we are using. We were thinking of downsizing the stuff we have to fit the area we are using, then when it warms up and we go back to using the whole house again, it will be roomier. Quite a good idea, if I do say so myself. :)

Well, time to do my exercises and get breakfast going. I'll post on that separately so I can track my progress easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment