Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

Well, today I am 35 years old. So I slept in, then made breakfast. Then after that did some laundry and took a nice soak in the bathtub with Sarah. Victor did the breakfast dishes. He's such a sweet husband and has some sort of surprise up his sleeve for this afternoon. Actually, I know what it is. One of the boys, who shall remain nameless because I said I would pretend I didn't hear what he said, let it slip. So I shall pretend to be surprised even though everyone knows I know. Ha! (Whispering: it's a massage, which I kind of suspected anyway) !!

My exercise challenge went like this. After my oil pulling and lemon water, I did (with difficulty toward the end) 60 squats, 20 sec plank, then 20 sit-ups, 8 crunches, 8 leg lifts (also with difficulty), and another 10 sec plank. It was a bit hard to do some of these toward the end, even though I have already been doing some before I actually started the challenge. We'll see how it goes for the rest of the challenge.

For my smoothie challenge with Young and Raw, who by the way have some really great tasting recipes, I made this yummy blueberry smoothie! I used almond/coconut milk and added a bit extra because it was very thick like ice cream since I was using frozen berries. 


Here's the recipe:

 
Smoothie of the Day

Day 2 : Berry Blast Smoothie
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
½ field cucumber
1-inch piece ginger root
1 cup almond milk



No comments:

Post a Comment