Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fitness and other challenges

Starting this day, the 1st day of January 2014, I will be journaling a few lines each day of what I did for each 30 day challenge that I am doing.

planks, a sit-up challenge, https://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1150243_674120505945471_983141048_n.jpg?dl=1
 and a smoothie challenge. 

Today, I did 50 squats, a 20 second plank, 15 sit-ups, 5 crunches, 5 leg lifts, then a 10 second plank.

One of our Christmas gifts from my parents was a set of devotional books, so we have set our minds to read them each morning and evening. 


Also, I am reading through the Bible in a year with my friend Amy. She has a blog for it. http://letsreadthebibleinayear.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/week-27-psalms/comment-page-1/#comment-2447  

We are about halfway through it now. 


As part of our morning devotion time, we have a jar for praises and blessing. We will write down one on a piece of paper and put it in the jar. At the end of the year, we will take them out and read them. 


I came across a blog today that a friend shared on Facebook with another challenge that I intend to try. Each week I will put in a an envelope a bit of money that will be saved for some purpose, yet to be determined.

http://thehousemadehome.blogspot.com/2013/06/52-week-money-challenge-are-you-game.html


Finally, a challenge to myself is to rise each morning early for prayer. That didn't happen today, but tomorrow is another day.


Now, time for bed. 


Here is my smoothie for today from www.Youngandraw.com and their January 30 day challenge.




Smoothie of the Day


Day 1: Green Dream Pineapple Smoothie

2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple

2 cups green leaf lettuce

¼ cup cilantro

1 lime, peeled

1 cup water or coconut water

 

It's very yummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment