Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Blessings and fitness

Monday

40 second plank
40 squats
2 sit-ups
10 crunches

My abs were sore. I skipped Tuesday and today's exercise. I skipped the exercises because I had the start of a cold and yesterday we had the excitement of a big blessing. 

I missed the smoothie today because I didn't have all the ingredients and was too lazy to figure out one myself. 
Mondays smoothie.

Day 6: Healthy Orange Julius

  • 1 fresh or frozen banana
  • 1 orange, peeled
  • 1 lime, peeled
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1 cup almond milk


Tuesdays smoothie

Day 7: Peach Perfect Ginger Delight

  • 2 cups fresh or frozen peaches
  • 2 cups arugula
  • 1 celery rib
  • 1-inch piece ginger root
  • 1 cup water or coconut water


So, the last couple of days, we have said, we are going to clean this or do that, and then just sat around, or done something else.

Monday, I thought I wrote a post, but it seems to have disappeared. Rats, ok now, I will rewrite it.



We ran out of propane on Sunday. Since we haven't yet paid for the last fillup, and really can't do another, we were just going to wait a week and when the unemployment came in, see if we could get something done about it. 
It was windy and cold, so we built a fire and after the kids finished helping clean the living room, we brought the futon mattress from their room so we could "camp" out there while they are in our room.

Monday, I was cooking breakfast and my stove went "pchizzz" there was a spark and some smoke and the whole thing died quickly. Victor got out the propane camp stove, and I finished cooking breakfast. 

Tuesday morning, as I was standing at the sink, I heard the propane truck pull up. Victor was outside and spoke to the driver. I thought it was just coming for grandma since she had said something about needing to fill her tank. Victor said, Sasek. So I assumed the driver was just asking who we were, maybe he was new and don't know which house was which. Anyway, grandma came over and spoke to him as well. Turns out an anonymous person ordered us some propane. Even grandma didn't know who it was. What a blessing that was. 

In the afternoon, we went looking for a stove. Haven't found one in we liked, let alone in our price range, so we are going to keep looking and using the camp stove and the crockpot. We are camping out in our own house! How about that? 

At least now, we have the furnace and hot water. The furnace is on its lowest setting, so that it keeps  most of the house in the 40's and 50's without using too much fuel, while the wood stove and electrics space heater makes it comfortable. 

Tomorrow, we are going to put the boys back in their room and put the foam in the windows, since we have it warmed up some, so we can go back to our own bed. The floor in the living room, even with the mattress down makes my back hurt. Someday, I am going to get a hammock and try that instead!

Also, tomorrow, we are getting back on track for exercise and chores. Need to get a few more things done, so that when we come back from vacation, we can come home to a clean house.

This is the boys helping me make lunch in the crockpot on Monday.

Yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment