Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fitness and other stuff

I've gotten lazy the last couple of weeks, so today I'm starting again. 

Today, I did a 60 second plank, and 50 squats. I am going to keep doing that until I get caught up with the month of February and then continue building up again each day.

Using coconut oil, I did oil pulling for 15 minutes while I put rice in the cooker, changed Sarah and did my plank. 

Now I am catching up on some Bible reading and thinking about my day. I need to call mom, and also call the phone company.

Today I read Proverbs chapter 25. Verse 28 "He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls." Self control is so important. What we say or do, especially to others, makes marks both on our on characters as well as theirs. 

1 Kings 21:9 But they hearkened not: and Manasseh seduced them to do more evil than did the nations whom the Lord destroyed before the children of Israel.

Manasseh had no self control and led the people into idolatry by building altars and high places of worship.

On the other hand, Josiah followed God and led the people to follow Him.
23:3 And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the Lord, to walk after the Lord, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant.

As it was though, they still reaped the consequences of their years of sin, by being taken captive by Nebucchadnezar.

The choices we make always have consequences of good or bad. If we choose Gods way, we show our love for Him and are not separated from Him. If we choose our own way, we are separated from God, and that means death. Satan is a cruel master. 

Psalm 92:12 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.

13 Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.

14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;

15 To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Our choices have consequences. Who are we going to follow? Who are we honoring and giving glory to?


Last week, I made sauerkraut and it's very yummy. I think I will make more when this batch is gone.

I found this article in my email box this morning about the benefits of the probiotic properties of fermented veges. 

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_29135.cfm

Wel, time to get moving and make some healthy and good choices, for my health and for The Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment