Monday, September 11, 2017

Yummy Recipe

Today, I want to share with you my SUPER secret bean recipe. I may have shared it before, but I can't remember. I use this recipe all the time for potlucks, and for haystacks. Sometimes I adapt it and make it into baked beans for picnics.

By the way, it's also super easy. And not really so secret!

2 lbs of dried beans, give or take.
Salt to taste, usually about 1- 2 tsps.
1 cup of salsa, homemade or storebought. I usually put in Paces medium salsa.

Put in crockpot, fill with water and cook overnight on low, or 5 hours on high. I have to watch mine because sometimes I have to add water, if I didn't put enough in.

I always like a bit of tomato flavor in my beans, so if I don't have any salsa, I add tomato sauce or leftover spaghetti sauce.

For my baked beans, I add some tomato ketchup, molasses and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment