Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Recipe demo

Last week I made granola and decided to show you how I do it. Forgive the quality, and I didn't realize I had cut off my head in the video. The recipe is also in the description  of  the video. If you click over to YouTube you can find it there.

Here is the recipe.

24 cups oats, I use half quick oats and half regular rolled oats.
1 package shredded coconut, unsweetened
1 package or 2-3 cups almonds or other nuts
1 cup flaxseed meal or cornmeal
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup honey
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp each vanilla and almond extract

1 package trail mix of choice, added after baking

1. Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Toast oats in oven while prepping liquid mixture.
3. In a saucepan, mix liquids and salt. Heat until honey is runny and everything is well mixed.
4. Place oats, meal and nuts in large bowl and mix well.
5. Pour liquid over oat mixture a little at a time, mixing well with a large spoon.
6. Turn oven down to lowest setting or about 170 degrees F.
7. Bake granola mixture on low heat overnight or about 8-10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment