Sunday, September 3, 2017

Quick and yummy travel recipe

The last few days we have been traveling and visiting with family. On Thursday we left for Idaho. I packed breakfast and lunch sandwiches and fruit for the trip. For breakfast, we has fruit and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. For lunch, I made tomatoes and lettuce sandwiches, and cream cheese with olives sandwiches. Most of the kids preferred the peanut butter and jelly, and even the salad sandwiches over the cream cheese ones, which is ok with me since they would be healthier choices anyway.

So, I thought I would share my salad sandwich recipe with you since I thought it was the most flavorful and best one of all of them.

I bought the bread at the local bakery outlet and the produce at the local ranch market in town. The beans I got at the 99 cents only store.

So for 6 sandwiches this is what I used.

12 slices of bread
6 leaves of green leaf lettuce
6 slices of a large tomato.
Mayonnaise of choice, I used a vegan mayo.
1 can of Rosarita's vegetarian re fried beans


Spread 2 slices of bread with mayo, then spread 1 of the slices with a thin layer of beans. Place a slice of tomato, and a leaf of lettuce on the beans, then top with the other slice of bread. Do this for all the sandwiches you desire to make! Now, put them all in a container to go in the cooler with ice or other cooling device. Then you're good to go for lunch or other meal on the go!


Anyway, I intend to, in the future, try my hand at making my own version of refried beans that I will then share with you! If you have any recipes you would like to share, you do so in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment