Monday, May 6, 2019

Forks Over Knives post 8

Last week, we made White Bean and Mushroom stew, page 117. It was very good! We didn’t have any white beans so I used pintos instead. So far, we like most of the recipes containing beans, but then we love our beans!
We also made Thai Vegetable Soup page 107. I couldn’t find any lemongrass or kaffir lime leaves so i left them out this time. Definitely recommend  less jalapeño if you don’t want it spicy. But this is one of my favorite recipes, as far as flavor.
This week was Creamy Asparagus Soup on page 88. I do not recommend this recipe if you like the flavor of fresh cooked asparagus that isn’t over cooked. The kids and I definitely prefer our Asparagus tender and still green not mush and almost brown.

It wasn’t planned but we did make Minestrone on page 87 using leftovers and that turned out really good too.

The other soup we tried this week was the Singles soup from page 81. That was a very simple soup but had a nice flavor.

For breakfast a couple mornings ago, I made the Brown Rice Pudding from page 51 and Jeffrey, my pickiest eater, has requested that one again. So I will probably make that tomorrow for breakfast.

Anyway, I think that was all for this time! Until next time, eat hearty!

No comments:

Post a Comment