Wednesday, December 5, 2018

FOK challenge post 2

Today, we made White Bean Chili with Jalapeno and Lime. It is located on page 130. It was very good. A little limey, which was ok with me as we also had Swiss Chard for dinner and that was good mixed in. The kids didn’t like the lime flavor as well as I did, so we may have to alter the recipe a bit if we want to make it again.   This was also supposed to be a very hot chili with lots of jalapeno. 6 servings of chili with 3 jalapenos in the pot. Also lots of cilantro and the zest of 1 lime. I only used 1 jalapeno and I’m glad I did because it would have been way to hot for little ones. Josh liked the heat but the girls weren’t fond of it.

It made a very pretty picture, even if it wasn’t a favorite recipe. I may try it again next year, but with less lime.


No comments:

Post a Comment