Monday, August 21, 2017

Healthy Recipe

Today's health blog is a recipe I tried today. We recently bought a house and invited a bunch of friends over for an open house, so I made a bunch of cookies. This recipe was received well, and many people liked them.

I will undoubtedly tweek it a little since I didn't like it as much as I thought I would and I think it could be better.

This is called Peanut Butter Gems. It contains banana, but the peanut butter tends to be more prominent, while the banana stays more in the background to provide some extra sweetening.

There is no sugar in my recipe which I adapted from this peanut butter banana cookie recipe that I found recently.

I think next time, I will try a different kind of flour, and maybe flatten them a bit more as they ended up a bit dense and sticky.

Try them, both the original and my version, and adapt your own. Then let me know in the comments how you like them, and what you did to make them better suited to your taste buds!


Peanut Butter Banana Gems
  • 2 medium very ripe bananas
  • 1 TBS honey
  • ½ C creamy peanut butter
  • 1 and ⅓ Cups flour, I used oat this time
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
  2. Peel and mash bananas. Mix in honey and peanut butter.
  3. Add flour, and salt.
  4. Drop in 2 tablespoon size mounds on baking sheet. bake for 7-8 minutes or until edges are barely golden brown.
  5. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack or plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment