Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Challenge report for the week of August 13-19

We kind of got busy this week. I cheated a little with sugar but managed to restrain myself from binge eating which I tend to do with sugary snacks. 

We had leftover graham crackers and marshmallows and carob chips so had s'mores one day. I ate only one. Then almost everyday, we had one graham cracker for dessert at lunch, and one day we had them for breakfast. Then one day for dessert, we finished the ice cream things, but it was only one a piece left. Yesterday, I ate too many graham crackers, but there aren't any left now. Victor brought home ice cream bars and some kind of cookie last night, but I remembered what I was trying to do, so I didn't eat any. Yay! One thing I have noticed, if I stay up too late, my willpower is down the next day.

I've managed the last two nights to go to bed before 11. So that's something I guess. 

Exercise has consisted of swimming, pulling weeds and walking to the dumpster and the orchard. Not everyday, but we are getting there.

Yesterday a storm blew in with great fury, so we sat around and watched videos, which is why I ate all those graham crackers, I think. I couldn't get out of the house to go swimming. 

Today, we woke up late, because it was pouring rain. Thank you Jesus for the rain!

I was reading just now for worship and came across this cool quote which made me think about how God is taking care of His garden that we planted by sending the rain.

"Nature is a power, but the God of nature is unlimited in power. His works interpret his character. Those who judge him from his handiworks, and not from the suppositions of great men, will see his presence in everything. They behold his smile in the glad sunshine, and his love and care for man in the rich fields of autumn. Even the adornments of the earth, as seen in the grass of living green, the lovely flowers of every hue, and the lofty and varied trees of the forest, testify to the tender, fatherly care of our God, and to his desire to make his children happy."—The Signs of the Times, March 13, 1884.

No comments:

Post a Comment