Sunday, August 10, 2014

Challenge report days 7-10 and camping

Thursday we finished packing the car and stopped at Costco to pick up a few last minute things, got some burritos from Del Taco for lunch and drove to Duck Creek. We set up camp and the kids got to explore some before everyone else got there. Friday we did some more exploring. The boys borrowed  a church members bikes and Sarah and I walked around the loop a few times. Then more people started arriving and so we were able to visit some old friends and make a few new ones.

The speaker for the weekend is a missionary and he told us some amazing stories as well as had some great Bible sermons on a few parables mainly from the book of Luke.

We took a hike Sabbath afternoon and Sarah walked 1/2 mile with us down to the head of the virgin river. Then I piggy backed her on my backpack which already weighed 20 lbs halfway back.

This morning, my back was sore! But we definitely got exercise in this weekend.

I did slide a bit on sugar. We had some s'mores Saturday night, but I used kosher marshmallows and sweetened carob chips. The marshmallows were the little ones and each s'more had a lot less sugar because we used fewer marshmallows and only a few carob chips. I think I ate about 2 or 3 altogether. It wasn't too hard to quit either. So, I'm feeling good about my choices over all.

Back to the grindstone tomorrow. We got home, unpacked and ate lunch. Yummy salad with gluten steaks and homemade salad dressing.

Off to bed in a few minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment