Sunday, April 28, 2013

Listening to God

When will I ever learn to listen? Lord, I make so many excuses and then end up regretting that I heard you but didn't listen and obey.

Last week I cut up a veggie turkey roll in to slices to refreeze for Victor's sandwiches and such. I knew I shouldn't eat any because they have eggs in them. Thursday of this week, I got some out for the kids and ended up eating a couple slices, thinking as I did so, "a little won't hurt." And it didn't seem to. Friday, I made gf biscuits and gravy putting some 'turkey' pieces in the gravy. I didn't eat very much turkey, but as I was doing so, the God said, "You had some yesterday, you shouldn't have any more." But I knew better. Ha.

That night when Victor got home from Moab, he unloaded his box of food and there were some potato chips, low-fat. I had one and then God said, "Oily, don't eat them for your own good." I didn't listen again. I ate a bunch of them. Sabbath I was good. I had a green smoothie for breakfast and some muesli (oats, coconut milk, banana, pineapple juice). Lunch I stuck with vegan foods, except for one bite of chocolate cake, and one bite of Joshua's noodles to see what was in them.

In the afternoon, we headed up for Zion to do some hiking. It was fun and pretty, wore the kids out. But I was miserable pretty much the whole time. As we were leaving the house and driving out the gate, and into Hurricane, the twinges of a gallbladder attack were coming on and God kept saying, "Turn around and go home. At least you could get some flax seed tea and take the melaleuca oil to help keep the inflammation down." But did I listen? No. I heard but I thought, 'It won't be that bad, I don't want to take the time.

So, half the time we were hiking, I was woozy, had a pain in my ribs, wanted to sleep. And by the time we got home, my gall bladder was swollen and inflamed. I spent most of the night in and out of sleep in the rocking chair and just now am beginning to feel better.

Help me, Lord, to hear your voice and listen and obey. You really are always trying to protect me from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment