Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Health part 1

Hi, just a few thoughts.

I've been staying away from the wheat and most processed foods, including free fats/oils. Why? Because the wheat of today is one step away from gmo, processed foods are full of chemicals and oils and oils are taken out of their original form. All of these things cause acidic conditions in the human body, which creates a disease promoting environment.

I have read and reread several different books and websites which talk about why a plant based diet is better for the human body. When I went to school at Weimar Health Institute, I knew that being a vegetarian was healthier and I learned that vegan was even better. But I didn't really know why. I learned that animal products caused diseases and that free oils were radicals that caused damage to the arteries.  I learned alot about the digestive system and diabetes. I still didn't know all the whys. I never will.

However, as I have studied and read more over the last 10 years, I am realizing more and more about how foods affect the body. Each of the authors that I have read, points to one aspect of lifestyle or nutrition and says 'This is what causes cancer', or 'This is what causes disease'. Or they pick apart diet and say, "You need this much protein, so make sure you eat beans if you don't eat meat"; "You are a vegetarian so make sure you get enough greens so you get enough calcium."

Many nutritionist and dieticians, doctors and health authors, have been taught this complicated view of health. Each person needs 'this' amount of Carbs, protein, fats, calcium, etc. And they educate through this view. Does it need to be this complicated? I don't think so.

God in the book of Genesis created a perfect world. He gave man a perfect diet. Genesis 1:29 says, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed,m which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed, to you it shall be for meat. " After sin, He added, in Genesis 3:18, ". . .and thou shalt eat the herb of the field:. "

It wasn't until after the flood that God allowed meat to be eaten but only with specific guidelines. I believe that it is time to get back to the diet that God gave in the beginning.

I will say more next time about the things I have learned and why I believe the way I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment