Thursday, April 4, 2019

Food problems!

I have a problem with food! Well, at least certain types of food. Like ice cream, pizza and anything with sugar or dairy in it, I think. I didn't do very well this week in staying away from these foods.

On Friday I had ice cream, because I got some as a treat for the boys. I hadn't intended to eat any, so I had gotten a small container, enough for a bowl for each of the kids. Well, John, precious boy, was ahead in the health department and has more self control in that area than I do apparently. He served up everyone a bowl, including me. He was trying not to eat a lot, so all he left for himself was a smallish spoonful. He brought me my bowl, and I took it thinking he had served himself already and I didn't want to have him put it back (excuses, excuses!). Oh well.

Sabbath we ate lunch at home, so I was ok there. Sunday however was an outing that included pizza. Here again, John, I guess wasn't very hungry so he only at a couple pieces of fruit, and the other boys only ate a few slices of pizza which is not normal. I'm sure I had more than my share of pizza.

Then we had lunch out yesterday since we had to get little Victor a chest X-ray for followup. Which was totally clear, by the way.  Anyway, I ate too much Chinese food and had desert on top of it.

So, today is a new day! I had made some smoothies and had granola for breakfast. I did lose a pound over the last week, though, so there is progress and I managed to exercise 4 times with the boys using Biggest Loser Boot Camp and a lot of walking around when we went to the park on Sunday.

I'm planning on a lot more self control and praising God for lots of yummy veggies and fruits to satisfy my tastebuds, and the strength to stay away from those things that aren't good for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment