Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What I would like and what I am learning.


I would like to be able to do things with my kids and not just play, but chores and things that teach them what they need to know. 

I would like to be able to keep my temper and not have to apologize so often.

I would like to be able to have my kids listen to what I say and obey without question, but at the same time be able to think for themselves, doing what needs to be done because they want to and because they want to be like Jesus.

But most of all I would like to be able teach my kids what it means to have a loving unselfish relationship with God and with others, especially their own family.

Monday, as part of our learning time in the afternoon, we spent some time cleaning the house. I handed out chores left and right and they actually did them without too much complaining. Amazing that!! John wiped down the counter and mirror in the bathroom, Josh helped me sweep the floor in the kitchen and Jeffrey picked up the stuff off the floor. Then John and I mopped it. Later Josh washed the windows in the living room and John did the walls while Jeffrey dusted and I finished the dishes and cleaned up the rest of the kitchen. 

Yesterday we went grocery shopping so didn't so too many extras. And today we mainly just picked up the living room a bit. Then Josh made lunch which Sarah ate with a spoon with great gusto. 


Yummy soup! Rice noodles and greens, beans, carrots, onion, garlic, miso paste, turmeric, cumin (because everything must have cumin), chili powder, salt, a little mayo and salsa. 


After lunch, the boys headed outside to play, but as I was finishing up with Sarah, two of them had meltdowns. So, I brought them in and as I did, God via my thought process, (amazing that I actually listened today) told me to put them to work. So Joshua had to wipe down the walls in the hallway and Jeffrey had to pick and wipe the mess of noodles and beans left behind by baby. John wasn't in trouble but he volunteered to do the dishes anyway. He does that sometimes on his own in the am during chore time if there are any leftover from the night before.





Didn't think to take a picture of Jeffrey but oh well. Next time. 

Chores work really good for disciplines. Don't know why I didn't use that earlier. Saves my patience and temper too. 

Well, that's all today. Time to take out the trash and see what else I can do before the news comes on. 

Hope you enjoy reading what I'm learning as much as I enjoy learning and sharing t!

2 comments:

  1. Our goals sounds similar. Its so challenging to apply what we want them to learn. Good job Juliette. I need to focus more on playing with my kids instead of just working.

    ReplyDelete