Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Better Living and consistency

I was going to exercise every day, or at least 3 or 4 times a week. I was going to get up at 5 every morning and have worship and then exercise before everyone got up so I could get it done. What happened? Did I lose my motivation? Did I get lazy? Did I forget? All of the above?

Does anyone else do this? I started out strong and then faded in two days. I am not sure what happens. No, scratch that. I do know what happens. When I wake up early, I love it for a few days, but then I get lazy, and a few days of late nights and I have to prioritize what I do first in the morning, which I usually try to get worship in first. 

Good points for me to remember as I write this are that the more I try to be consistent, the easier it becomes. I just need to pick myself up and try again. 

This next couple of months, the kids and I are going to work on reforming our health. The older boys and I seem to be struggling with some form of Acid Reflux or something. Plus, John was noting that we have all gotten rather out of shape. 
We spent several long hours helping this last weekend at Arizona Sonshine in Mesa. They provide free dental, medical and vision treatment among other things to various parts of Arizona about 3 times a year. We volunteered in the childcare department and the older boys helped with the kids ages 5-12 who were very active. They did a lot of running around and ended up feeling sore in various parts of their anatomy. 

So, I am getting back on the 'treadmill' so to speak, kind of like getting back on the horse. Again. For only about the millionth time. ☺️ 

This weekend we are camping with our church family and Pathfinder group up in Prescott and so I'm sure we will get a lot of exercise hiking around there. Then Sunday we are planning on starting our 2 month  health reform which begins with short 2 day fast from most foods, involves lots of walking, herbal teas and hydrotherapy.

 Anyway, I will post updates at various times during the weeks ahead. 

Here is to Better Living and consistency! 

No comments:

Post a Comment