Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Ramblings and perspective

So, its been awhile since I posted. What I've discovered is that most of Forks Over Knives recipes are really good. Some of them, I don't like because they either use ingredients that can be more difficult to get, or ingredients I prefer not to use. Also, some of them are like gourmet style recipes, which is ok, but I'm more of a simple recipe kind of person so while some of them are delicious, I may or may not make them again, because they are more complicated.

One thing I have decided now is instead of finishing all the recipes in the book, I'm going to change my focus a bit.

Since baby Victor was born, I've been having quite a bit of inflammation going on in my back and in my gallbladder area. It has improved a bunch in the last couple of months, mainly because I stopped eating dairy again, for the most part. And the last few weeks, I've been fighting a sinus infection/cold that is hanging on. I know that the reason is the higher amounts of sugar that has been in my diet more recently.

So here is what is going to happen. I'm going to change up my personal menu a bit, add some more exercise, and try doing some more videos to document some stuff. I kind of really want to do more blogging, quit being so lazy and do more with Youtube and health videos, but what ends up happening is I try to make it good or perfect or plan it all out and then it never actually gets done, because I procrastinate and put it off because I haven't got it right yet. Forget that! I'm just going to do it! I figured out how to edit videos some, so I'm just going to do some and put them up and see what happens. I see all these people with their viral youtube channels and I wonder how they do that?!

There is this one guy, for instance, who is hilarious and yet it seems he just talks and is doing random things. Another young man, he's inspiring to watch. I've been binge watching his channel trying to catch up. He is hiking the Pacific Crest Trail to lose weight. Hiking 3-10 miles a day and now over 500 miles in. He actually has someone who edits his videos for him, he sends them from his phone.

Technology these days makes it super easy to start your own media based  programs, whether it's exercise channels, or cooking shows, or comedy central type shows, or whatever you want to do really. And all you need is a phone or computer to do it with. Editing software can even be free. It's an amazing time to live in, though it can get out of balance with too much technology sometimes.

This is one thing we struggle with in our family. Keeping the balance I mean. It's easy to get distracted in the scheme of things from what's really important. Even my kids already struggle with this in their own way. One of the boys, in particular, doesn't like the internet, but realizes its a necessary evil for some things. And he does like to play certain games with his friends and brothers online, so since most of their friends don't live close by, we have tried to have certain times when we play games. It's hard, because its so easy to get sucked in, away from reality and real life.

The biggest thing for me is that we are so close to Jesus coming, and the times ahead of us are going to be really hard. Our goal is heaven with Jesus and our focus should be in having our hearts and minds prepared for that. Keeping the goal in mind, helps us not get distracted by the things of this world. How do we want to be found when the Master shows up? Are we going to be found playing games, distracted by the world? Or are we going to be found serving God, sharing His love and salvation message with others?

Keeping our priorities straight is so important. If we allow God to work in us and through us, we will be a blessing and be made fit for eternal life with Him. If we love the world more than God, He's not going to force Himself on us. We have a choice. What is yours going to be?

Love and thoughts from this rambling mind tonight. Hopefully a little more interesting than usual. Now, I'm going to go plan my next posts and videos so I can have some idea of what I'm going to spontaneously, not procrastinatingly, talk about. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment