Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Recipe

I am a little late this week with my recipe post because Victor was home over the weekend so we had a lazy few days just relaxing together as a family. Anyway, I thought I would share the favorite gravy recipe that we had for lunch on Monday.

I usually don’t measure and just eyeball everything but here is the basic recipe I use.

1 cup of raw cashews washed in hot water
4 cups of water
1/4 cup  cornstarch
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder

Blend well in blender then pour into pot. Heat over medium to high heat while stirring constantly until it thickens.

Sometimes instead of onion and garlic powders I use raw onion and garlic. It changes the flavor a bit but is super yummy. Also, sometime I add a bit of soy milk if I have it, or some braggs liquid aminos (soy sauce substitute) for added flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment