Thursday, December 19, 2013

Odds and ends


Today, the kids and I went to the library, and came home with a book on origami. It's all Star Wars ships and things, but it's fun. 

I also brought home an exercise DVD. Hopefully, I will actually use it. I told Vic yesterday, that I am going to try to make it a point to get up in the mornings when my alarm goes off and get out the door for a walk. Maybe I'll just turn on the DVD, but at least there is a bit of motivation to get up and workout. 

We made waffles this week. Rice and chickpea. Awesome recipe given to me by a good friend who makes them all the time. He uses them instead of bread. 


I made several meals that were so yummy, and mostly I didn't follow any recipes, as usual. I was thinking that maybe I should put together a cookbook, though I doubt anyone would buy it. My creations are just throw together kinds, so most of them I would have to figure out what was in them and then how much. Otherwise, my 'recipes' would be more like outlines and probably would not be so good for someone who has to have specifics to end up with a good taste. Although it's fairly hard to ruin most recipes if you have taste bud and good sense. But then, I don't know, since most of mine turn out pretty good. 


Homemade shepherds pie with cabbage/beet salad.
Lentil stew, vege stir fry, and tomato-cucumber salad.


I am trying to come up with ways to earn money from home. This was one idea. I'm not clear on how to write an ebook though I've seen some people advertising and selling theirs all over FB and blogs. Another idea is essential oils which I have just in the last year started getting into. They really are great for all kinds of ailments and healing. 

Anyway, it would be nice to get some thoughts from other people on these and any other ideas you might have.

I guess that's all for now.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment