Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lessons from cooking

Today I decided to try this recipe that I had found a few days ago that looked really neat.

Here it is for you to try if you want to.

slimpalate.com/cauliflower-tortillas-paleo-grain-free-gluten-free/

First of all, the recipe calls for eggs which I don't eat for various reasons. So I replaced them with the equivalent in ground flaxseed and water. 1 Tbs flax to 3 Tbs water for 1 egg. The second thing I did was I only eyeballed the cauliflower. I didn't measure it. Finally, I didn't read the recipe all the way through. I forgot that these were supposed to be tortillas, not just patties and of course it didn't work.


 This is what happens when you don't read the directions.

So I went back and reread the directions. Since I had already mixed it up, modified what I had to come closer to the intended result. I added some gluten free flour and some more water.
Then I did baked them as I was supposed to do.


Here is the result. I haven't finished by frying them yet, but I will do that when I am ready to eat them.


As I was doing this, I was thinking, "That's what I get for not reading and following the directions."

The same thing happens in our spiritual lives. When we don't read and follow the directions (the Word of God) the consequences is chaos, ruin and death.

The Bible says in 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:    That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

That means all of it. Not just part of it, but all of it. If we make excuses about God changing this or that, when God clearly says in another verse what He wants, then we aren't following the recipe.

The Bible was given for "instruction in righteousness", that we "may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." God has saved us, and given us the instruction book for living and walking in faith. Are we going to read and follow His recipe? Or are we going to do our own thing and make it the way we think it should be, when the only result will be ruin and death?

It's our choice. Let's make the right choice and follow God's recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment